Computing with HTCondor™
Our goal is to develop, implement, deploy, and evaluate mechanisms and policies that support High Throughput Computing (HTC) on large collections of distributively owned computing resources. Guided by both the technological and sociological challenges of such a computing environment, the Center for High Throughput Computing at UW-Madison has been building the open source HTCondor distributed computing software (pronounced "aitch-tee-condor") and related technologies to enable scientists and engineers to increase their computing throughput.
Note: The HTCondor Software Suite (HTCSS) was known as 'Condor' from 1988 until its name changed in 2012. If you are looking for Phoenix Software International's software development and library management system for z/VSE or z/OS, click here.
Latest NewsEuropean HTCondor Workshop 2021 Next Week
September 13, 2021HTCondor 9.1.3 released!
August 19, 2021HTCondor 9.0.5 released!
August 18, 2021European HTCondor Workshop 2021 Registration Open
August 3, 2021HTCondor Security Release: 8.8.15, 9.0.4, and 9.1.2
July 29, 2021HTCondor 9.0.2 released!
July 8, 2021
European HTCondor Workshop 2021 is coming up, September 20-24
Join us next week for a free online workshop about HTCondor! It is still not too late to register -- so if interested, please hurry up! Some slots for contributed presentations are still available. Please let us know about your projects, experience, plans and issues with HTCondor. To register and/or submit an abstract to be a speaker, visit: https://indico.cern.ch/e/htcondor2021.
- What is the HTCondor Software Suite (HTCSS)?
- Downloads including HTCondor source and binaries for Linux, Windows, and Mac.
- Documentation includes the Quick Start Guide and the HTCondor Manual. Also see HOWTO recipes and job submission examples.
- Support Options include community and professional solutions.
- Forthcoming release plans
- License Information
- Security Information
- Email Lists - ask questions and share experiences with users worldwide.
- HTCondor Week is our annual community meeting in Madison, and we often have an annual meeting in Europe as well. Materials from past meetings include talks from science and industry, plus useful tutorials.
- HTCondor Wiki contains FAQs, bug tickets, and more.
- Official Logos